Bluegreen Vacations - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

3.4
Facilities and Services
Quality of Food

My family and I recently stayed at your property, The Fountains in Orlando, checked in on June 1 and checked out on June 5.

My complications with your property started two weeks prior to even arriving. I am a Choice Employee, as you are aware booking at an employee rate you have to go through Choice Central to do so..... which I did for a two bedroom suite. I had made several calls to the property after booking our room to inquire about upgrading to a three bedroom suite as we had 7 people staying with us.

My first attempt at calling the property the woman told me I'd have to talk to her supervisor.... which I had expected, she put me thru to his voicemail and I left a message. I received NO return call, on the message I didn't specifically indicate why I was trying to reach the GM so it can't even be argued that my request wasn't doable because noone was aware as to my specific reason for calling.

Two days later I called again. GM wasn't working but the Assistant was, again I was place on hold and transferred. Same scenario as above when I left the voicemail for the GM. NO return call. Called again two days later and indicated what exactly I was trying to accomplish and I was placed on hold and transferred to the Assistant of the Manager or Assistant Manager....... again left a voicemail and didn't receive a return call. THREE DIFFERENT MANAGEMENT ROLES AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM COULD RETURN A PHONE CALL FOR AN UPCOMING GUEST AND RESERVATION?????

I called again the next day and expressed my frustrations with not getting any return phone calls and spoke with a very sweet and kind woman named Delores. She took all my information and looked into my question and I had a returned phone call and answer within an hour...... if a Front Desk Agent is capable of doing so why was it such a difficult feat for her managers to do so? While on the phone I indicated that we would be traveling with another family and if at all possible we'd like to be roomed close to them and that our flights would be arriving into Orlando at 9 am and we'd like an early check out. Our rooms were close together but we were left kinda stranded with not much to do but wait in the car until 2 pm when we were finally called to let us know our room was ready but several other families had checked in long before us. It was a little frustrating, especially when traveling with younger children.

Our room was wonderful. Everything was neat and clean. Housekeeping was extremely kind and helpful. We were in building 6 with a beautiful view of the fountain and water and we loved that the porch was screened in. Our accommodations were perfect and beautiful.

Fast forward to our first full day there June 2nd. The previous night I had inquired at the pool bar that's under the registration building what time they opened the next day. The gentleman working (older gentleman) was so sweet and kind. Very polite and extremely guest/customer service focused, he was fantastic! He indicated that the bar opened at NOON. We timed our morning to arrive at the pool at 1130 so we could get settled and then get drinks and ordered food. At 12:05 another guest and I walked up to order and the woman bar staff very rudely and in very annoyed tone said "Just so you know I don't serve until 12:30". Waiting until 12:30 wouldn't have been an issue had she been kind and professional about it. Perhaps "I'm still getting set up do you mind giving me a few extra minutes?" or something along those lines.

The other guest and I went and sat in the indoor hot tub to wait until 12:30 so we could place our order and be served. At 12:15, less than 10 minutes after our interaction with her, a group of three colored men, the bar staff was female and also of the same color, walked up and placed their drink orders...... they were immediately served. The other guest and I are are female and white. This may or may not have been race or gender discrimination but it was very much how it appeared and we were both extremely offended. I did walk upstairs and share my issues with the Manager, he came down and personally took our drink order and made them (just a frozen drink and a beer) and gave them to us free of charge. I am unsure whether or not anything was ever actually said to the woman or not, but if not it should've been. Things like that could get your property slammed with law suits.

The rest of our stay was great up until the very last night before we left. I had walked to the main building to request a print out of our folio. The woman that had waited on me was named Lena. She was very sweet, polite and informed me that the computer she was on did not have printing capabilities and she'd have to wait until one of the other computers was available. This wasn't an issue. My son and I went over to look at the items for sale in the small store and after a few minutes I walked back over to the desk. I found Lena with another female staff member and a younger gentleman (i'm assuming may have been the manager on duty for front desk but I am honestly unsure) all huddled around the computer screen pointing and having a conversation. It was a bit awkward and uncomfortable. When Lena saw I had come over to where she was originally she indicated to the woman that she was standing with that it was my bill they were printing.

I wish I knew this woman's name because she had me so offended and angry. Truly baffled at the lack of professionalism and customer service.

I walked up to the desk and she verified my last name and immediately said "Wow you have alot of room charges" my reply was very bluntly "is that a problem?" to which she replied "No but i'm going to have to post payment for these immediately!" My response to her was "No I'm only asking for a print out of the charges on the account" Lena and the other gentleman walked away at this point but were standing there thru all of it.

She then made me stand there while she "moved all of the charges into a different folio". I am a Choice employee, I know how the folios work and there was no valid or legit reason for her to transfer anything into a different folio let alone make me stand there feeling uncomfortable while she did so.

Our room charges totaled somewhere around $600, we were a family of SEVEN and ate and drank only at your property and charged everything to our room.

I have NEVER in my life been so offended and felt so belittled for spending money! Why would it be a problem that we had room charges? Why would she verbally tell me that she needed to post payment immediately for them? Making me feel as though we were going to run out on our bill or not capable of paying for our charges.

What's even better is at check in I did provide my address, phone number, choice account number and email address..... NONE of them were on the printed copy that I was finally handed with our incidentals and since my email wasn't on there and we used the phone checkout process a final bill was NEVER received.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 07.

Bluegreen Vacations - Scam bluegreen

2.5
Facilities and Services
Quality of Food

bluegreen can work for you if you have lots of free time and use credit card rewards to pay all your mortgage and fees . but be careful they will lie threw there teeth to get you to upgrade to things you don't need and wont use .

in there contract look close . they say you cant hold them to the words just written contract .

its like a license to lie to you and you agreed to it , Take your time and if you don't get the RCI certificate you have crap so insist on it . oh and I found out the hard way each upgrade isn't an add on you bill its a new bill along with the old .

Reason of review: lies broken promisses.

I didn't like: Lies wasnt my time was on vacation.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 06.

Bluegreen Vacations - Simple Review #1471979053

Quality of Accommodation

Bluegreen vacations aka Hyperion Marketing is a big SCAM.If you speak to any of the employees there by the names Janelle, Robbie, Michael or Chuck, you better avoid.The place is a franchise not associated with Bluegreen at all.They say the vaction cost $276 but you end up paying over $700 and you have to sir through a 4 hour timeshare.BIG Scam avoid this hole in the wall sales office

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluegreen Vacations Vacation Package.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 23, 2016.